לוגו אתר Fresh          

אפשרות תפריט  ראשי     אפשרות תפריט  צ'אט     אפשרות תפריט  מבזקים     אפשרות תפריט  צור קשר     חץ שמאלה ●●● ברוכים הבאים אל פורום צבא וביטחון ●●● לפני הכתיבה בפורום חובה לקרוא את דבר המנהל ●●● עקבו אחרינו! ●●● חץ ימינה  

לך אחורה   לובי הפורומים > חיילים, צבא וביטחון > צבא ובטחון
שמור לעצמך קישור לדף זה באתרי שמירת קישורים חברתיים
תגובה

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה

ישן 12-10-2007, 01:27
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13
  zragon13 zragon13 אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 19.09.05
הודעות: 1,280
נגמ"ש קיפוד

In this old discussion there was an unanswered question:

ציטוט:

יוסיפון
02.09.04, 18:36
8. תוספות
בתגובה להודעה מספר 1

ראיתי נגמ"שים בודדים עם מיגון מוזר שאני לא מכיר את שמו אך יכול להעריך שהואמיועד נגד טילי נ"ט: על כל הנגמ"ש היו מוטות דקים והוא נראה כמו קיפוד. מישהומכיר?

I think you mean these (sorry for the poor resolution, they are scans of old photo prints):

תמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילה

Kipod on the Lebanese side of the "Good-fence". Note Nebi El Avadi in the background

The photo above appeared in Time Magazine in an article about the two kidnapped Givati soldiers in 1986 and shows our APC near Shar Fatma, commanded by my mem-mem from tironut and maslul, Igal

Fall 1986 - North of Rosh Hanikra

Note the vilon installed in the driver's hatch

The Kipod APC was an uncommon variation of the well-known
נגמ"ש לוחמים עם מיגון מחורר (נגמ"ש - וייזתא)

As far as I know, this variant was only employed by the three rifle companies of Gdud 13, Golani. I first saw it when we finished basic training and my pluga joined the battalion in December 1985. I don't know if it had an official name but we referred to it simply as Nagmash Kipod.

When I joined the pluga misayat in September 1986, they had one in the Shakif outpost in Lebanon, and after being sent to take a 3-day driving course in Elyakim, I got to drive it a lot.

If I remember correctly, the Kipod APC used the same type of holed steel armor plates as the Vayzata APC (marketed by Rafael as "Toga"), but had steel spikes about 3mm in diameter, 25cm long embedded in the holes.

The armor and spikes covered the front and sides of the APC. Unlike the standard Vayzata armor suit, there was an aluminum plate extension of the top deck which you could stand on, that continued down the front. On the sides, the spikes were originally covered by a canvas that hung from the aluminum extension (I assume to protect the spikes from being bent).

Since the space between the spaced armor and the sides of the APC was covered on the top by the aluminum plate extension, you couldn't use the area in between for storing oil cans, stretchers, etc, like on a regular Vayzata APC.

I don't know anything about it's effectiveness against AT weapons, but I can say that this configuration was very impractical to use. Because of the spikes, you could only climb on the APC from the rear. It was a pain to have to take off the spiked armor plates to access the engine and transmission doors for maintenance and pre/post driving checks (yes, even in Golani we heard that such things exist). Frequently these plates were just left off as can be seen in some of the photos

But worst of all, the spikes added about another 25cm to the 25cm width of the spaced Vayzata armor on each side, so it made the APC about a meter wider than a slick M113. As a driver I can attest to the difficulty in maneuvering the Kipod in tight spots and even had a very embarrassing accident with one in Naqura (I'll save that story for another time

After that kav I only used the slick A2s of the Dragon AT platoon so I'm not sure until when the Kipod APCs were still in usage, but I'm pretty sure that they were still around at the end of my service. I don't know if they were later replaced by regular Vayzata APCs or lasted until the arrival of the Achzarit around 1990.

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 12-10-2007 בשעה 01:53.
תגובה ללא ציטוט תגובה עם ציטוט חזרה לפורום
תגובה

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה
חפש באשכול זה:

חיפוש מתקדם
מצבי תצוגה דרג אשכול זה
דרג אשכול זה:

מזער את תיבת המידע אפשרויות משלוח הודעות
אתה לא יכול לפתוח אשכולות חדשים
אתה לא יכול להגיב לאשכולות
אתה לא יכול לצרף קבצים
אתה לא יכול לערוך את ההודעות שלך

קוד vB פעיל
קוד [IMG] פעיל
קוד HTML כבוי
מעבר לפורום

כל הזמנים המוצגים בדף זה הם לפי איזור זמן GMT +2. השעה כעת היא 09:28

הדף נוצר ב 0.05 שניות עם 10 שאילתות

הפורום מבוסס על vBulletin, גירסא 3.0.6
כל הזכויות לתוכנת הפורומים שמורות © 2024 - 2000 לחברת Jelsoft Enterprises.
כל הזכויות שמורות ל Fresh.co.il ©

צור קשר | תקנון האתר