לוגו אתר Fresh          

אפשרות תפריט  ראשי     אפשרות תפריט  צ'אט     אפשרות תפריט  מבזקים     אפשרות תפריט  צור קשר     חץ שמאלה ●●● ברוכים הבאים אל פורום צבא וביטחון ●●● לפני הכתיבה בפורום חובה לקרוא את דבר המנהל ●●● עקבו אחרינו! ●●● חץ ימינה  

לך אחורה   לובי הפורומים > חיילים, צבא וביטחון > צבא ובטחון
שמור לעצמך קישור לדף זה באתרי שמירת קישורים חברתיים
תגובה

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה

ישן 11-01-2006, 08:45
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13
  zragon13 zragon13 אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 19.09.05
הודעות: 1,280
בתגובה להודעה מספר 2 שנכתבה על ידי RP. שמתחילה ב "מקווה שאתה יכול לקרוא עיברית"

Hi RP,
I was only refering to head shots to stress the potential accuracy of the weapon and ammo. Of course center of mass is what we try to shoot at but with the 4x ACOG a body size target is easy to see even past 500m The thing is, I don't understand why in the IDF we think that all rifle engagements will be at such short range that a short barrel is good enough. Part of the reason for the DM concept implemented after the short mineret ha kotel clash in 96 was to kill the enemy outside of the enemy's effective range

And with many missions in batash involving just a small foot or jeep patrol, the rifle is all you usually have. I just feel that the 4 x ACOG + M16 combination are not employed to their full potential

Even in an urban or village situation you might spot someone at a longer distances and by the time a sniper with an M24 is called in it's too late. And let's not forget that in a full war or even in hilly terrain like in Lebanon, engagements might be farther.

.BTW, the USMC issues the flattop M16A4 and even ACOGs now to all the infantry soldiers but these are standard rifles similar to our M16A2E3s.But the SDM rifles pictured above are special accurized versions with floated stainless steel barrels.

This was posted in a different forum by the head of the US Army Marksmanship Unit:

ציטוט:
The M16A4 Designated Marksman Rifle for the 3rd Infantry Division starts out life as a standard rack-grade rifle.

The issue barrel is removed and replaced with a 20-inch Douglas stainless 1-8, heavy under the handguards but with 12 flutes to cut weight. The standard front sight A-frame is modified to use Allen screws (instead of drift pins) to center the front sight (against barrel flats) for windage. It uses a standard flash hider.

Armorers remove the Knight's rail and install a free-floating Daniel Defense 12.0 rail with steel nut. A GG&G Sling Thing for rails is installed on the left side, and a Harris S-L bipod on ARMS #17 throw rail mount is clipped to the bottom front end.

A KAC two-stage semi-only trigger replaces the standard burst trigger.

Each rifle is bench-tested for a 1 MOA 10-shot group at 300 meters or is sent back for tweaking. Each rifle is returned to the 3rd ID with an Otis cleaning kit and 500 rounds of 77-grain match ammo. The individual DM mounts his own optics (TA31F, TA01, TA01B, or TA01NSN ACOG) and the standard GI (MATech) BUIS.

The M4 DM Carbine starts out as a standard M4. It is modified like the DMR, but with a DD 9.0 FF rail and mid-length gas tube. The barrel is finished at 18 inches. It is also required to hold 1 MOA at 300M.

The Marine SAM-R uses a KAC float tube, a tuned M16A1 trigger, and a folding front sight.

and about employment/doctrine:

ציטוט:
The US Infantryman is taught to shoot from 75 to 300 meters.

Snipers are taught to shoot from 300 to 1,000 yards with an M24 bolt action 7.62mm rifle. There are six snipers in an infantry or armor battalion or armor cavalry squadron -- only three sniper teams, roughly one per line company.

The Squad Designated Marksman is an organic squad infantry Joe or cavalry scout armed with an M16A4, M4, or M16 Designated Marksman's Rifle ( for all intents a flat-top across-the-course rifle. The Marine version is called a Squad Assigned Marksman's Rifle, or SAM-R). He is a line foot Soldier. If done right he gets additional KD training to 550 meters (600 yards) and gets issued 77-grain Mark 262 match ammo (Marines may be getting Mark 264, 77-grain moly coated).

A DM does all foot Infantry tasks, and if he has to can provide precision fire and overwatch fire support. Normally his rifle will be topped with a TA31F ACOG (or some other commercially-purchased or individually-owned ACOG or other scope). The TA31F is provided by the Army's Rapid Fielding Initiative. Marine SAM-Rs will have either TA31Fs or the Leupold 3-9X M3 Mid Range tactical scope.

Does a squad rifleman need a 7.62 rifle? Maybe, maybe not...is he hitting what he's aiming at with his M16 at 500 yards?

All divisions and brigades may have M14s pulling interim duty until the Army decides what we'll standardize as the DM rifle. It suffers from a shortage in trained NCOs familiar with the M14, and no spare parts

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 11-01-2006 בשעה 08:48.
תגובה ללא ציטוט תגובה עם ציטוט חזרה לפורום
ישן 11-01-2006, 16:46
  Uri Leizin Uri Leizin אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 21.12.03
הודעות: 392
מאחר דיון זה פוצל ע"י COPY-PASTE
בתגובה להודעה מספר 1 שנכתבה על ידי zragon13 שמתחילה ב "Why don't kalaim use long M16A4"

מדיון על רובה העתיד: , http://www.fresh.co.il/vBulletin/sh...9999#post876715

אז גם אני יעשה COPY-PASTE על ההסבר שלי:
ישראל - ובכן, כאן המגמה היא באמת "קצר וקל". סיבה לכך היא, לדעתי, "קיפאון מחשבתי": צה"ל, בתור מערכת, חושב שמה שיש עכשיו (לחימה בשטח בנוי, נגד אויב לא מאומן ולא מצויד באמצעי מיגון אישי, תוך מדיניות "לא רואים - לא יורים") זה מה שיהיה עוד הרבה זמן, ולא שום דבר אחר. ויש גם אומרים שזה נגרר מיכולת קליעה נמוכה שלהם (מי צריך ארוך ומדויק, אם הוא ממילא לא יכול לפגוע מדויק?). בכל מקרה, אם תיפתח זירת לחימה חדשה - במרחב פתוח, או אם המחבלים יקבלו יותר אימון ישתמשו בצורה רחבה באמצעי מיגון, "קצר וקל" ייראה עלוב.
לכל זה מתווסף גם ווסאח - הרי כולם יודעים, שנשק ארוך זה לצעירים ופראיירים, ונשק קצר זה נשק של וותיקים, מקומבנים, לוחמים אמיתיים וכ"ה.
ישן 12-01-2006, 07:46
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

בתגובה להודעה מספר 6 שנכתבה על ידי Uri Leizin שמתחילה ב "מאחר דיון זה פוצל ע"י COPY-PASTE"

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי Uri Leizin
מדיון על רובה העתיד: , http://www.fresh.co.il/vBulletin/sh...9999#post876715

אז גם אני יעשה COPY-PASTE על ההסבר שלי:
ישראל - ובכן, כאן המגמה היא באמת "קצר וקל". סיבה לכך היא, לדעתי, "קיפאון מחשבתי": צה"ל, בתור מערכת, חושב שמה שיש עכשיו (לחימה בשטח בנוי, נגד אויב לא מאומן ולא מצויד באמצעי מיגון אישי, תוך מדיניות "לא רואים - לא יורים") זה מה שיהיה עוד הרבה זמן, ולא שום דבר אחר. ויש גם אומרים שזה נגרר מיכולת קליעה נמוכה שלהם (מי צריך ארוך ומדויק, אם הוא ממילא לא יכול לפגוע מדויק?). בכל מקרה, אם תיפתח זירת לחימה חדשה - במרחב פתוח, או אם המחבלים יקבלו יותר אימון ישתמשו בצורה רחבה באמצעי מיגון, "קצר וקל" ייראה עלוב.
לכל זה מתווסף גם ווסאח - הרי כולם יודעים, שנשק ארוך זה לצעירים ופראיירים, ונשק קצר זה נשק של וותיקים, מקומבנים, לוחמים אמיתיים וכ"ה.

Yes, I unfortunately agree with your explanations and feel the same. I could never understand why everyone was in such a frenzy to get a mekutzar. I always signed on a long Galil/M16, even when I was a mashak. I think that as an infantry soldier there should be more to choosing proper weapon characteristics than what is comfortable sitting inside a jeep!

The reason I copy-pasted this part from your Future Rifle discussion (which I was sorry to see end) is that I thought the discussion might have gotten too complicated to follow with the simultaneous topics of Battle Rifles vs Assault Rifles, 5.56 vs 7.62, General Purpose MG vs Squad Automatic Weapon (Negev), etc.

For a long time the fact that the sadir DMs in the IDF are being equipped with short M4s rather than flattop M16s with longer barrelsI has been puzzeling me. I was hoping that some of the infantry and weapons experts here might have something to say about this. I think that the choice of a short barrel for a DM rifle is in complete contradiction of the DM concept.

And about the incident where the DM in Rajar killed the 4 hizbalonis with an M4/ACOG, I think that this is due to his skill and bravery (and luck helps too). I think that at 15m any combat soldier should have been able to do this with any M16, Galil or even an Uzi.

I don't see this as a vindication of the choice of weapon or the maximum range that we should be training for.

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 12-01-2006 בשעה 08:09.
ישן 12-01-2006, 09:41
  amitaikl amitaikl אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 15.10.04
הודעות: 1,404
נשק ארוך/נשק קצר
בתגובה להודעה מספר 10 שנכתבה על ידי zragon13 שמתחילה ב "[QUOTE=Uri..."

זרגון היקר,
אכן תמיד יהיה ויכוח בין נשק ארוך לנשק קצר לקלעים.
אין ספק כי נשק בעל קנה ארוך הינו מדויק יותר.
יש לזכור כי למכלול השיקולים יש להוסיף את הניידות והנוחות של השימוש בנשק.
במתאר הלחימה הנוכחי אין ספק כי יש יתרון לנשק קצר עם כוונת אופטיות - לחימה במרחבים סגורים, נסיעה בכלי רכים/משורינים לאורך זמן ארוך.
יש לזכור כי גם ה M4 פלאטופ מספק דיוק לטווחים של 500-600 מטר ואין להספיד אותו ככלי נשק לא מוצלח.
צה"ל אינו יחידת עילית של הצבא האמריקאי בה לכל לוחם יש מגוון כלי נשק אותם הוא יכול להתאים לכל משימה. לדעתי ה M4 פלאטופ מספק למתאר הלחימה הנוכחי.
לגבי ההתעקשות שלך על נשק ארוך - אני רק יכול להסכים. כיום החליט צה"ל להעביר את מערך המילואים הלוחם לM16 מנוסר.
ואסיים באנקדוטה משעשעת - בזמני בסדיר, מג"ד ההנדב של חטיבת הבקעה היה הולך עם גליל ארוך! כמו כן בארגז של הבלייזר היה לו פק"ל ררנ"ט (הוא היה רננ"טיסט בסדיר) וכל זה למקרה של התקלות!!!
ישן 15-01-2006, 09:53
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

בתגובה להודעה מספר 11 שנכתבה על ידי amitaikl שמתחילה ב "נשק ארוך/נשק קצר"

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי amitaikl
יש לזכור כי גם ה M4 פלאטופ מספק דיוק לטווחים של 500-600מטר ואין להספיד אותו ככלי נשק לא מוצלח.

Yes I agree that the M4 with its 14.5inch/37cm barrel is theoretically effective to 500-600m and definitely good enough for 300m. But the M16 20inch/51cm barrel is better for a DM because it gives the bullet higher speed = less drop = higher hit probability at 500-600m.
ציטוט:

צה"ל אינו יחידת עילית של הצבא האמריקאי בה לכל לוחם ישמגוון כלי נשק אותם הוא יכול להתאים לכל משימה. לדעתי ה M4 פלאטופ מספק למתארהלחימה הנוכחי.

Exactly! that's why the regular infantry should be armed with a better general purpose rifle not a short one optimized for today's short range. Let the special forces have the short guns and whatever specialized tools they need. If tomorrow we have to fight with Syria or even in Lebanon/territories at longer ranges we won't have the time/money to switch.

BTW the accurized SDM-R and SAM-R M16A4 examples that I included above were not for special /elite forces but are given one per squad to the regular infantry units.

I think the IDF could suffice with a regular M16A4 flattop or existing M16A2E3s. Maybe to save money even do another menusar project to cut off the handle on the existing A2E3s and attach the picatinny rail directly to the receiver so that we can get rid of the high cheekrest.

ציטוט:

כיום החליט צה"ל להעביר את מערך המילואים הלוחם לM16 מנוסר.

I am sure that will be a very popular decision. But so will installing an espresso machine in the APC and letting everyone carry a pistol instead of a rifle.

The menusar being slightly shorter than the M4, will bring the bullet speed down even more. Lower velocity also further reduces the maximum range where the 5.56bullet fragments on the target and is most lethal to well below 100m.

M193 Distance to 2700 fps

20in barrel=190-200m

14.5in barrel=95-100m

http://www.ammo-oracle.com

ישן 15-01-2006, 13:21
צלמית המשתמש של ביטיס
  ביטיס ביטיס אינו מחובר  
מומחה ללוחמת חי"ר, סיור וצליפה

חבר מתאריך: 06.12.04
הודעות: 21,060
בתגובה להודעה מספר 12 שנכתבה על ידי zragon13 שמתחילה ב "..."

"Exactly! that's why the regular infantry should be armed with a better general purpose rifle not a short one optimized for today's short range. "

להיפך. נשק קצר עונה על רוב המתארים. ארוך עונה על מיתאר אחד בלבד - שטח פתוח.

"After the uprising of the 17th of June the Secretary of the Writers Union had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
stating that the people had forfeited the confidence of the government and could win it back only by redoubled efforts.

Would it not be easier in that case for the government to dissolve the people and elect another?" -Bertolt Brecht

I remember very vividly, a few months after the famous pacifist resolution at the Oxford Union visiting Germany and having a talk with a prominent leader of the young Nazis. He was asking about this pacifist motion and I tried to explain it to him. There was an ugly gleam in his eye when he said, "The fact is that you English are soft". Then I realized that the world enemies of peace might be the pacifists - Robert Hamilton Bernays -

ישן 16-01-2006, 13:26
צלמית המשתמש של ביטיס
  ביטיס ביטיס אינו מחובר  
מומחה ללוחמת חי"ר, סיור וצליפה

חבר מתאריך: 06.12.04
הודעות: 21,060
אני מדבר על רובאים רגילים.
בתגובה להודעה מספר 14 שנכתבה על ידי zragon13 שמתחילה ב "[QUOTE=ביטיס]"Exactly! that's..."

אם כי, כמובן, ריבוי כוונות הטריג'יקון קצת מטשטש את העסק.
אולי, לטובת הקלעים, אכן צריך להכניס יותר SR למערך החי"ר, או נשק בסגנון (M21, דרגונוב וכו'...)

"After the uprising of the 17th of June the Secretary of the Writers Union had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
stating that the people had forfeited the confidence of the government and could win it back only by redoubled efforts.

Would it not be easier in that case for the government to dissolve the people and elect another?" -Bertolt Brecht

I remember very vividly, a few months after the famous pacifist resolution at the Oxford Union visiting Germany and having a talk with a prominent leader of the young Nazis. He was asking about this pacifist motion and I tried to explain it to him. There was an ugly gleam in his eye when he said, "The fact is that you English are soft". Then I realized that the world enemies of peace might be the pacifists - Robert Hamilton Bernays -

ישן 16-01-2006, 19:30
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

Keep the DM with 5.56
בתגובה להודעה מספר 15 שנכתבה על ידי ביטיס שמתחילה ב "אני מדבר על רובאים רגילים."

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי ביטיס
אולי, לטובת הקלעים, אכן צריך להכניס יותר SR למערך החי"ר, או נשק בסגנון (M21, דרגונוב וכו'...)

OK ביטיס,

I can accept that the regular riflemen get the mekutzar. Like I wrote in my other posts, I used to also think that it would be a good idea to use a semi-auto 7.62 rifle for the DM job like the SR25, but I now think that it's better to stick to a lighter weapon with the same caliber as the rest of the soldiers, just with the longer barrel.

The SR25 costs about ten times as much as an M16 and with its magazines weighs at least 2kg more with less total ammo and since the idea is to have at least 2 DMs per squad and also have them function as regular riflemen, that’s a lot of money--even if it’s from Uncle Sam.

The SR25 (now designated M110 SASS), however, is supposed to replace the M24 with the US forces and is probably a better choice as an infantry battalion sniper rifle.
This file has some nice pictures of it
http://www.knightarmco.com/sass.pdf

I think the IDF DMs could suffice with a regular M16A4 flattops or the existing M16A2E3s. Maybe to save money even do another menusar project to cut off the carryhandle sights on the existing A2E3s and rivet the Picatinny rail adaptor directly to the receiver so that it is better balanced and we can get rid of the high cheekrest. The Swedish army did this to their entire stock of old 7.62 G3 rifles after they switched to the 5.56 FNC.

We might even consider giving each DM a single magazine of the mk262 Match ammo for the longer-range shots. This would give the regular squad/small patrol an accurate fire capability up to 600m for almost no additional cost. However there is an 18cm change in trajectory at 500m and 30cm at 600m compared to the M855 so I don’t know how well this idea would work with the existing optics.

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 16-01-2006 בשעה 19:33.
ישן 12-01-2006, 22:50
  Elad E Elad E אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 11.02.05
הודעות: 2,074
בתגובה להודעה מספר 1 שנכתבה על ידי zragon13 שמתחילה ב "Why don't kalaim use long M16A4"

דווקא יש בצה"ל נשק דומה לזה רק ב- 7.62 ה- SR25 (שגם בו השתמשו בעיראק לפחות בתחילת הלחימה).

הרובה הזה הוא יצור כלאיים בצה"ל כי הוא קצת יותר מנשק הקלעים הסטנדרטי (A4 בשפת העם) והרבה פחות מנשק כמו ה-M24 או ה-SR שהוזכר כאן.

לא חושב שיש הצדקה להכניס עוד סוג של נשק למערך החי"ר כשיש כבר מספיק אמצעים קיימים ויעילים לטיפול במטרות בטווחים בינוניים וארוכים.
מעבר לזאת לציוד בנשק קצר יש יתרונות מבחינת הניידות (כפי שנאמר כאן כבר) ונשיאת ציוד לחימה נוסף על חשבון המשקל. מעבר לזאת הגיעו כנראה להבנה שרמת הקליעה כפי שהיא נלמדת בצה"ל לא מביאה לידי ביטוי את היתרונות הבליסטיים של הנשק הארוך והטווחים שהם הקלע מיועד לעבוד גם הם אינם טווחים שההבדל בין ה-M4A1 ל-M16A2/4 בא לידי ביטוי בצורה מספקת כדי להצדיק רכישת רובים ייעודיים (בניגוד ל-M4A1 שמשרת את כל הפק"ליסטים בחי"ר).
ישן 15-01-2006, 10:54
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

בתגובה להודעה מספר 18 שנכתבה על ידי Elad E שמתחילה ב "[font=Verdana]דווקא יש בצה"ל..."

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי Elad E
דווקא יש בצה"ל נשק דומה לזה רק ב- 7.62 ה- SR25 (שגם בו השתמשו בעיראק לפחות בתחילת הלחימה).

הרובה הזה הוא יצור כלאיים בצה"ל כי הוא קצת יותר מנשק הקלעים הסטנדרטי (A4 בשפת העם) והרבה פחות מנשק כמו ה-M24 או ה-SR שהוזכר כאן.

Hi Elad,
Actually I read that the SR25 is capable of sub-1moa accuracy and would have been a better choice to replace the M14 in the IDF as a semi-auto military sniper rifle rather than the single-shot M24 which seems more like a police or counter-terrorist weapon. In Isayeret it says that it was already recommended by the Sniper School but the mafchash or whatever, already picked the M24.

I recently read that the SR25 has been chosen as the Semi Auto Sniper System contract winner and that they will be deployed in great numbers for the regular USarmy/marines units, instead of just SF or SEALs units like now.

BTW, did you know that the 7.62 SR25 is basically just an accurized and enlarged version designed by Eugene Stoner of the 5.56 M16 which itelf was a shrunken version of the 7.62 AR10 that he originally designed in the 50s.
ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי Elad E

לא חושב שיש הצדקה להכניס עוד סוג של נשק למערך החי"ר כשיש כבר מספיק אמצעים קיימים ויעילים לטיפול במטרות בטווחים בינוניים וארוכים.

We wouldn't be introducing a new type of weapon. Like I answered amitaikl, I think the IDF could suffice with a regular M16A4 flattop or existing M16A2E3s. Maybe to save money even do another menusar project to cut off the handle on the existing A2E3s and attach the picatinny rail directly to the receiver so that we can get rid of the high cheekrest.

I used to think that the it would be a good idea to use a semi-auto 7.62 rifle for the DM job like the SR25, but now I feel that it's better to stick to a lighter weapon with the same caliber as the rest of the soldiers, just with a longer barrel (ie the M16A2E3 or A4 flattop). Plus I think that the SR25 costs about ten times as much as an M16 and with magazines weighs 2kg more with less ammo.
ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי Elad E
מעבר לזאת לציוד בנשק קצר יש יתרונות מבחינת הניידות (כפי שנאמר כאן כבר) ונשיאת ציוד לחימה נוסף על חשבון המשקל. מעבר לזאת הגיעו כנראה להבנה שרמת הקליעה כפי שהיא נלמדת בצה"ל לא מביאה לידי ביטוי את היתרונות הבליסטיים של הנשק הארוך והטווחים שהם הקלע מיועד לעבוד גם הם אינם טווחים שההבדל בין ה-M4A1 ל-M16A2/4 בא לידי ביטוי בצורה מספקת כדי להצדיק רכישת רובים ייעודיים (בניגוד ל-M4A1 שמשרת את כל הפק"ליסטים בחי"ר).

That certainly seems to be the conclusion of the IDF. The problem with that is that the other weapons won't always be available in every mission and even if they are available, the sniper might not be in the right position to see the same target as the DM in the squad up front

I just feel that the IDF spent a lot of money in buying weapons/optics and training so that we could have a large number of DMs at the squad level and then wasted the full potential by not using them to their maximum effective range capability of 600m. A barrel that is 10cm longer and 0.5kilo heavier isn't such a big deal.
We might even consider giving each DM a magazine of heavier Match ammo for the 500-600m long-range shots.
More expensive than M855 but still much less than F16I

I have a guy in my reserve unit that was a DM in Egoz with an M4. He said that in Lebanon for shots greater than 250m they would depend on the M24. My point is that not all units in batash will have that luxury and definitely not in full war.

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 15-01-2006 בשעה 11:04.
ישן 17-01-2006, 22:12
  amitaikl amitaikl אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 15.10.04
הודעות: 1,404
המלחמה הקודמת/המלחמה הנוכחית/המלחמה הבאה

בד"כ נהוג כי הצבא נערך למלחמה הבאה כאילו היא המלחמהשהיתה.

יש לציין כי לעימות הנוכחי צה"ל נכנס במוכנות יחסית גבוההוטובה.

השאלה שלמעשה נשאלת בדיון הנוכחי האם ההערכות הקיימת שלצה"ל פוגעת ברמת מוכנותו לעימות הבא.

כשהייתי בסידר תמיד התלוננו כי איננו מוכנים וערוכים כראוי.כל האימונים שעברנו היו למלחמה סטייל כיפור/ששת הימים/של"ג ואילו הבט"ש שלנו היהשונה לחלוטין (שטחים לפני ההתחמשות, לבנון).

עד כמה שיוצא לי להפגש ולדבר עם הסדירים כיום, האימוניםשלהם מוכוונים בעיקר לעימות הנוכחי. ניתן לראות זאת בצורה מאוד מוחשית במילואים.החבר'ה שרק השתחררו ומגיעים יודעים בצורה סופר-מקצועית לעלות על בית, או לסגורפינות, אבל אין להם מושג בשטח פתוח, נגמשים, חבלה ומיקוש.

הטענות שהעלה ז'רגון נוגעות לגבי הציוד הניתן היוםלחיילים. האם הפלאטופ עם הכוונת האופטית הניתן היום לקלעי הסער מתאים לקרב העתידי במתארים של שטח פתוח/שטח סבוך, כאשר עיקר הטענה שלו נוגעת לטווח המדויק של נשק זה.

תיזכור היסטורי קצר:

· למלחמת העולם הראשונה נכנסו כל הצבאות עם כלי נשק שנועדו לטווחים ארוכים ולא התאימו למלחמת החפירות שהתפתחה באירופה.

· במלחמת העולם השניה היו רוב החיילים מצוידים עדיין ברובים המיועדים לטווח ארוך (אנפילד, M1 והמאוזר אם לציין רק כמה מהם) ולצידם כלי נשק אוטמטיים וחצי אוטומטיים לטווחים הארוכים יותר (קרבין) והארוכים פחות (גריז גאן, שמייסר, טומי, סטן). התפתחות זו נובעת מכך שבמשרד ההגנה האמריקאי בדקו את הקרבות של מלחמת העולם ה I והגיעו למסקנה כי רובם התנהלו בטווחים הקצרים והבינוניים

· למלחמת קוריאה נכנסה ארה"ב עם ארסנל נק"ל שרובו במקור ממלחמת העולם ה II, כאשר לא נעשתה עדיין התפתחות משמעותית או נקיטת תפיסה ברורה לגבי כיוון הנק"ל

· למלחמת ויאטנם נכנסה ארה"ב עם שאריות נק"ל ממלחמת קוריאה ובשלבים הראשונים של המלחמה הכניסו לשימוש את ה M14, שננטש אחרי מספר שנים לטובת ה M16. התפיסה שהתגבשה עם כניסת ה M16 לשימוש היתה כי יש לתת לכל לוחם כוח אש גדול יחסית, נשק קל משקל וקל לתפעול שנועד לטווחים הבינוניים (400-600 מ').

מה קרה אצלנו?

· מלחמת השחרור – ערב רב של כלי נשק, מכל הבא ליד. אין דוקטרינה אחרת מלבד "רק שיהיה וכמה שיותר"

· מבצע קדש – עוזי יחד עם רובים צ'כים ושאריות משאריות שונות

· ששת הימים – עוזי, FN, צ'כים. ניסיון ליצור תערובת בין טווח (FN, צ'כי) לכוח אש (עוזי). בין יכולת שטח פתוח (FN) ליכולת לש"ב (עוזי)

· יום כיפור – עוזי, FN, ועוד תערובת של כלים מהמחסנים.

· של"ג – גליל (בעיקר) וכן M16. התמקדות בעיקר בטווחים הבינוניים – ארוכים כחלק מלקחי ששת הימים ויום כיפור.

· אינתיפדה ראשונה – גלילים ו M16. הגליל מתגלה ככבד מדי וארוך מדי למרדפים אחרי ילדים יחפים בסמטאות עזה וחברון

· שנות השחיקה בלבנון – מעבר הדרגתי של מערך השדה (חי"ר + הנדסה) למשפחת ה M16 ונטישת הגליל. כל נושא קלעי הסער הולך ומשתדרג. החל מהאייל עבור דרך הטריג'יקון והאמצעים לראיית לילה. נושא קלעות היחיד שקיבל דגש רב במהלך כל שנותיו של צה"ל (מי אמר שבוע קליעה א'/ב'/ג'?) המתבסס על הכשרת כל לוחם כקלע לטווחים הארוכים ועל גרף עליה איטי אך קבוע ויציב לכל משך שירותו כלוחם (אם מקפידים כמובן על מטווחים סדירים) הולך וננטש לטובת כוונות ההשלכה לסוגיהן (החל מהאלביטים הראשונים. ומי שלא ירה בגליל עם אלביט הפסיד...פרק יד שמאל כואב ודואב) אשר מאפשרות גרף עליה ושיפור מהיר מאוד עד הגעה לנקודה מסוימת ואז הוא מתיישר (הכוונה כמובן לגרף המצוינות בקליעה). ההקצאות הניתנות ליחידות החי"ר מבחינת האמצעים המדויקים הולכת וגדלה עד למצב שבו בין 30% ל 50% מהכוח היוצא לפעילות מצויד בכוונות אופטיות ליום וללילה. כל נושא קליעת הלילה הולך ומשתדרג תוך מספר שנים קצר (בטירונות היה לנו SLS ו – וארו, אח"כ שפנפן, מיניסקופ ולקראת הסוף היו שמועות על משהו שנקרא אקילה, וכל זה תוך 3 שנים בלבד)

· אינתיפדת אל אקצה - מרבית כלי הנשק ביחידות החי"ר הינן כלי נשק קצרים, מתוך רצון להקל על הלוחם ולהפוך אותו לנייד יותר ומסורבל פחות. הפתרון לקיצור אורך הנשק היתה בהכנסת כלים עם קנה מעובה ותחמושת ירוקה לטווחים ארוכים יותר יחד עם כוונות אופטיות מסוגים שונים.

מה יהיה במלחמה הבאה?

כל ה"מומחים" (בעיני כולם ו/או בעיני עצמם) מדברים על כך שהעימות הבא יהיה גם הוא במתאר עירוני בו החשיבות הינה בעיקר לכוח אש מדויק לטווח הקצר, כאשר כוח אש מדויק לטווח הארוך ניתן ע"י כלים מקובעים הנמצאים רחוק יותר ממקום האירוע ומטרתם בידוד הזירה מהתערבות חיצונית ומתן אש מסייעת מדויקת לטובת הכוח הנלחם במקרה הצורך.

המתאר עליו מדבר ז'רגון הינו מתאר של לחימה ברמת הגולן/דרום לבנון/סיני. האם יש צורך בקלע סער (אני מדגיש זאת, כיון שעל נקודה זו מדבר ז'רגון. לא על צלפים) לטווחים ארוכים במתאר לחימה מעין זה?

לדעתי לא. הטווחים הקצרים מכוסים ע"י כל לוחמי הכוח. הטווחים שעד 500 מ' מכוסים ע"י קלעי הסער עם הנשקים הקצרים והכוונות האופטיות. לטווחים שמעל 500 מ' קיים נשק הצלפים (M24 או בארט). לדעתי הנשקים הקיימים מספקים.

הערת שוליים חשובה: כל שנכתב כאן מתבסס על ניתוח שלי. ייתכן כי טעיתי בפירוש המגמות בהתפתחות כלי הנשק וייתכן כי לקחתי עובדות ו"הלבשתי" עליהן את התיאוריות שלי.

ותוספת נוספת: למעשה מאז פיתוח כלי הנשק האוטומטיים והתחמושת האחודה לא נעשתה התפתחות משמעותית בכלי הנשק הכלים של לוחם החי"ר. נכון, הם נעשו קלים יותר, מהירי ירי יותר, מדויקים יותר. אך טרם נעשתה "הקפיצה הגדולה" בתחום זה כפי שקרה בתחומי הארטילריה, השריון והתעופה
ישן 26-01-2006, 23:30
צלמית המשתמש של יוסיפון
  יוסיפון מנהל יוסיפון אינו מחובר  
מנהל פורומי צבא ובטחון, מילואים והלוחות

חבר מתאריך: 07.04.02
הודעות: 23,839
Facebook profile Follow me...
צילום

תראו את התמונה הזאת:
תמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילה
(ליחצו על התמונה להגדלה)
מתוך במחנה, גליון 1, 6.1.06, עמ' 66.
בתמונה חיילים מפלוגה מחטיבה 401 (טנקים, מרכבה 4) שעושה קו חי"ר בגיזרת עלי-זהב. הסיבה שאני מביא את התמונה כאן היא הקלעים שבתמונה שחמושים כולם בM16A2E3 בדיגום קלעים שנפוץ בצה"ל מ96 עד 2002~.
שאר החיילים חמושים בM16 מקוצר/מוסב(מנוסר), חלקם עם כוונת "פאלקון" של אלביט.
אין ספק שזה אנאכרוניזם בסטנדרטים של החי"ר היום.

אבל, נדמה לי שרבים פה באשכול יסכימו שזה המצב הרצוי ביציאה ללחימה בשטח פתוח (שזה בערך מה שהם עושים בקו: מחסומים וגל"בים, כמעט ללא פעילות מעבר לכך). אז נכון שלא נעים לפרוק מהסופה הממוגנת עם הM16 הארוך, מצד שני, אחרי שירדת מהרכב...

ראוי לציין שבקווי המילואים שעשיתי בבקעה נדהמתי לגלות M203 שנמצאים כחלק מהזיווד על הסופשיות (סופות מוגבהות ופתוחות לבט"ש). פעם חלק מהכוח היה חותם על M203 רק בשביל להיות מסוגל להרים תאורות מהמטול. היום הרס"פ חותם עליהם עבור הפלוגה כשהם מפוזרים ברכבים (כמו המרגמה והמא"ג של הסופשית).
אז נכון שזה יותר נוח בחתימות/זיכויים. מצד שני, הנשק זרוק על הסופשית כמו בזנ"ט. זה מגוחך במיוחד כשחיילים שמצויידים בגלילונים נמצאים בקו.

נערך לאחרונה ע"י יוסיפון בתאריך 02-02-2006 בשעה 13:07.
ישן 02-02-2006, 15:54
צלמית המשתמש של יוסיפון

בתגובה להודעה מספר 25 שנכתבה על ידי zragon13 שמתחילה ב "Like you said, I'm sure that..."

באשר לשני העניינם הראשונים אין לי אלא להסכים איתך.

באשר להחלפת הנשק בחש"ן - ראשית, הE3 והמטולים מיועדים רק לקווי חי"ר. כשמתאמנים על טנקים (מבצעים עליהם תעסוקה) כולם חוזרים למקוצרים/מוסבים.
מה שמביא אותי לעניין השלישי: החלפת הגלילנים בM16 מקוצר/מוסב. אני בהחלט חושב שהגלילון הוא נשק יותר מתאים לטנקיסטים מאשר הM16 (כשהם פועלים כטנקיסטים ולא כחי"ר). החיסרונות הבודדים של הגלילון הם:
  1. משקל
  2. חלודה
  3. תדמית
עם בעיית המשקל הטנקיסטים אמורים להתמודד היטב. הם הולכים הרבה פחות מאשר החי"רניקים.
גם בעיית החלודה צריכה להיות קטנה עליהם (מה זה לנקות ולשמן נק"ל אישי אחד מול שלושה מא"גים ושאר הטפ"ש?)
בעיית התדמית - גם עם בעיה זו אפשר להתמודד לגלילון יש יתרונת אדירים לעומת הM16 (עמידות, גודל, יכולת ירי) אם זו הבעיה העיקרית אפשר להחליט על הצטיידות בגלילון דור ב' (כדורים ירוקים) או במיקרו גלילון (או שניהם גם יחד...).
לענייני התדמית של הטנקיסטים אני מפנה אל מאמרו של ידידנו המלומד עופר דרורי (מגיע לו אשכול נפרד).

ישן 02-02-2006, 18:57
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

בתגובה להודעה מספר 26 שנכתבה על ידי יוסיפון שמתחילה ב "באשר לשני העניינם הראשונים..."

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי יוסיפון
באשר לשני העניינם הראשונים אין לי אלא להסכים איתך.

באשר להחלפת הנשק בחש"ן - ראשית, הE3 והמטולים מיועדים רק לקווי חי"ר. כשמתאמנים על טנקים (מבצעים עליהם תעסוקה) כולם חוזרים למקוצרים/מוסבים.
מה שמביא אותי לעניין השלישי: החלפת הגלילנים בM16 מקוצר/מוסב. אני בהחלט חושב שהגלילון הוא נשק יותר מתאים לטנקיסטים מאשר הM16 (כשהם פועלים כטנקיסטים ולא כחי"ר). החיסרונות הבודדים של הגלילון הם:
  1. משקל
  2. חלודה
  3. תדמית
עם בעיית המשקל הטנקיסטים אמורים להתמודד היטב. הם הולכים הרבה פחות מאשר החי"רניקים.
גם בעיית החלודה צריכה להיות קטנה עליהם (מה זה לנקות ולשמן נק"ל אישי אחד מול שלושה מא"גים ושאר הטפ"ש?)
בעיית התדמית - גם עם בעיה זו אפשר להתמודד לגלילון יש יתרונת אדירים לעומת הM16 (עמידות, גודל, יכולת ירי) אם זו הבעיה העיקרית אפשר להחליט על הצטיידות בגלילון דור ב' (כדורים ירוקים) או במיקרו גלילון (או שניהם גם יחד...).
לענייני התדמית של הטנקיסטים אני מפנה אל מאמרו של ידידנו המלומד עופר דרורי (מגיע לו אשכול נפרד).

I can understand using the M16A2E3 for the DM, but If armor corp soldiers will be equipped with Glilonim during war then they should also be using them in batash. As we all know how much time is spent in batash vs training, this is a wasted opportunity for the armor soldier to practice with his real equipment.

The stuff about the Galil being too heavy or inaccurate is BS. I used to be very happy with my Galil and knowing I could depend on it in any condition and I couldn't have cared less if sayeret matkal used a mekutzar, mekutzrar or super-duper-mekutrarrrrrrrr. If someone complains that a Glilon is too heavy, make them carry a Negev or MAG instead.

And about image: once the Galil was for fighters and the M16 for jobniks so commanders will just have to explain to their troops that they have been issued with the toughest, most reliable battle-proven 5.56 assault rifle in the world- and that its of blue&white origin

In 2003 our patrol was called over to check out a report of some suspicious noise that some sadir armor corp tirons guarding a hilltop near Rachelim heard. When we got there they drooled over my M16 with the akila. So I tried to explain to them that their glilon was in fact an excellent and dependable weapon and that they should feel lucky they had it.

The funniest thing to me was that it is that they all had the rear strap cords attached to the middle or end of the Glilon buttstock, rather than to the bracket at the base of the stock where it's supposed to be and where it is the most comfortable. This means that the strap moves to the middle of the receiver when the stock is folded. They do this to emulate the M16 style without realizing that the only reason the cord is attached that way on the M16 is so that the charging handle can be pulled back!

In our last kav, we also had m203s thrown in some of the jeeps/hummer. Unfortunately our soldiers also treated it like a piece of equipment rather than a personal weapon. Maybe because we weren't supplied with explosive grenades, it's not appreciated. It's hard to educate or discipline people, especially in the reserves.

On the last night of the kav, during a suspected shooting incident, I let the sadir hummer driver shoot it to launch a flare as a reward for him being a good guy.
ישן 02-02-2006, 16:00
צלמית המשתמש של kukURIku
  kukURIku kukURIku אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 07.09.02
הודעות: 17,302
שלח הודעה דרך MSN אל kukURIku
בתגובה להודעה מספר 23 שנכתבה על ידי יוסיפון שמתחילה ב "תראו את התמונה..."

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי יוסיפון
ראוי לציין שבקווי המילואים שעשיתי בבקעה נדהמתי לגלות M203 שנמצאים כחלק מהזיווד על הסופשיות (סופות מוגבהות ופתוחות לבט"ש). פעם חלק מהכוח היה חותם על M203 רק בשביל להיות מסוגל להרים תאורות מהמטול. היום הרס"פ חותם עליהם עבור הפלוגה כשהם מפוזרים ברכבים (כמו המרגמה והמא"ג של הסופשית).
אז נכון שזה יותר נוח בחתימות/זיכויים. מצד שני, הנשק זרוק על הסופשית כמו בזנ"ט. זה מגוחך במיוחד כשחיילים שמצויידים בגלילונים נמצאים בקו.

זה קורה בגלל ששוכחים שלמטול יש עוד יעוד חוץ מלהרים תאורה. כוחות שלא הפנימו או לא למדו לירות מטול נפיץ - מאבדים הרבה כוח אש סתם.
אגב, אם הנשק זרוק כמו בזנט זה רק כי זורקים אותו כמו בזנט. אם תתיחסו לנשק הזה כמו שאתם מתיחסים לכל ציוד אחר של שיריון אז הוא לא יהיה זרוק כמו בזנט

ישן 02-02-2006, 16:05
צלמית המשתמש של יוסיפון

בתגובה להודעה מספר 28 שנכתבה על ידי kukURIku שמתחילה ב "[QUOTE=יוסיפון] ראוי לציין..."

דווקא יצא לי פעמיים להחליף חי"רניקים בקו הזה.
קיבלנו מהם את המטולים האלו מצופים בשיכבת בוץ שהורכב משמן ואבק, "ממילא לא תשתמשו בהם" הם אמרו.
דווקא טנקיסטים יודעים מאד להעריך ולשמור על הציוד שלהם. בעיקר על הנק"ל.

ישן 05-02-2006, 12:12
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

reply to amitaikl

Hi Amitaikl,

Sorry for my very long and overdue reply but I gave what you wrote a lot of thought. First of all, I’d like to say that your analysis is well written and very comprehensive, and that I also agree with much of you wrote. Thanks for sharing it.
If you don’t mind, I would like to make some comments:

amitaikl

המלחמה הקודמת/המלחמה הנוכחית/המלחמה הבאה

בד"כ נהוג כי הצבא נערך למלחמה הבאה כאילו היא המלחמהשהיתה.

יש לציין כי לעימות הנוכחי צה"ל נכנס במוכנות יחסית גבוההוטובה.

השאלה שלמעשה נשאלת בדיון הנוכחי האם ההערכות הקיימת שלצה"ל פוגעת ברמת מוכנותו לעימות הבא.

כשהייתי בסידר תמיד התלוננו כי איננו מוכנים וערוכים כראוי.כל האימונים שעברנו היו למלחמה סטייל כיפור/ששת הימים/של"ג ואילו הבט"ש שלנו היהשונה לחלוטין (שטחים לפני ההתחמשות, לבנון).

עד כמה שיוצא לי להפגש ולדבר עם הסדירים כיום, האימוניםשלהם מוכוונים בעיקר לעימות הנוכחי. ניתן לראות זאת בצורה מאוד מוחשית במילואים.החבר'ה שרק השתחררו ומגיעים יודעים בצורה סופר-מקצועית לעלות על בית, או לסגורפינות, אבל אין להם מושג בשטח פתוח, נגמשים, חבלה ומיקוש.

I have had the same experience as you with “younger” soldiers who served in the sadir during the height of Intifada1 1988-90 and came to the reserves knowing very little about trench or conventional warfare

הטענות שהעלה ז'רגון נוגעות לגבי הציוד הניתן היוםלחיילים. האם הפלאטופ עם הכוונת האופטית הניתן היום לקלעי הסער מתאים לקרב העתידי במתארים של שטח פתוח/שטח סבוך, כאשר עיקר הטענה שלו נוגעת לטווח המדויק של נשק זה.

תיזכור היסטורי קצר:

· · למלחמת העולם הראשונה נכנסו כל הצבאות עם כלי נשק שנועדו לטווחים ארוכים ולא התאימו למלחמת החפירות שהתפתחה באירופה.

· · במלחמת העולם השניה היו רוב החיילים מצוידים עדיין ברובים המיועדים לטווח ארוך (אנפילד, M1 והמאוזר אם לציין רק כמה מהם) ולצידם כלי נשק אוטמטיים וחצי אוטומטיים לטווחים הארוכים יותר (קרבין)1 והארוכים פחות (גריז גאן, שמייסר, טומי, סטן). התפתחות זו נובעת מכך2 שבמשרד ההגנה האמריקאי בדקו את הקרבות של מלחמת העולם ה I והגיעו למסקנה כי רובם התנהלו בטווחים הקצרים והבינוניים

1.The carbine was a unique weapon that was designed as a personal defense weapon for commanders or crews instead of a pistol, a role similar to that of the modern FN PS90, and not designed as an infantry arm for medium distances.

2.I would have to say that the US and others either rejected or ignored this experience.They continued issuing soldiers long-range/800m rifles, supplemented by SMGs for short range, despite the WW1 combat experience that you mentioned, where most rifle firing was found to be at much shorter ranges. The German army, despite Hitler’s initial objections, was the first to accept this and begin to change to the medium-range assault rifle, but only towards the end of the war.

· · למלחמת קוריאה נכנסה ארה"ב עם ארסנל נק"ל שרובו במקור ממלחמת העולם ה II, כאשר לא נעשתה עדיין התפתחות משמעותית או נקיטת תפיסה ברורה לגבי כיוון הנק"ל

· · למלחמת ויאטנם נכנסה ארה"ב עם שאריות נק"ל ממלחמת קוריאה ובשלבים הראשונים של המלחמה הכניסו לשימוש את ה M14, שננטש אחרי מספר שנים לטובת ה M16. התפיסה שהתגבשה עם כניסת ה M16 לשימוש היתה כי יש לתת לכל לוחם כוח אש גדול יחסית, נשק קל משקל וקל לתפעול שנועד לטווחים הבינוניים (400-600 מ').

A study of WW1, WW2 and Korean War combat by the civilian Operations Research Office (ORO) in 1950-51 found that almost all infantry rifle fire was done at less than 300 yards and most below 100 yards. This leads to the conclusion that a rifle shooting long-range ammunition is a waste and that a Small Caliber, High Velocity SCHV bullet would be good enough for the infantry rifle, allowing a lighter rifle plus a larger ammo load for the same weight.

In a series of projects called SALVO that followed, it was claimed that it would be more effective to use a rifle that shot many bursts or salvos of SCHV bullets than a rifle that shot larger but fewer bullets like the 7.62. The 5.56 M16 was ultimately developed from the Stoner’s original 7.62 AR10 due to and as a part of these projects.

The infantry school eventually accepted these ideas but increased the original effective maximum range requirements from 300 yards to 400 yards and finally to 500 yards (460m) in 1957 in an attempt to convince the conservative senior Army officials to replace the full-power 7.62 as the caliber for rifles.

That the 7.62 M14 was adopted in 1957 represents a rejection of these conclusions by other groups in the Army, especially the Ordinance branch and senior Army officials. There were several tests and reports done with contradicting results by the rival groups. However, in Jan 1963 (more than 2 years before US ground troops are first deployed in Vietnam) the Secretary of Defense orders to stop production of the M14 and begin to issue the M16 as a temporary solution until the future SPIW weapon (which was never finished, quite similar in concept and success as the contemporary XM29 OICW program) is ready. Once Vietnam begins and the existing M14s are found to be unsuitable for jungle warfare, there is a rush to produce more M16s for the growing number of troops being sent there.

From the 5.56 X 45mm "Timeline" A Chronology of Development by Daniel Watters http://www.thegunzone.com/556dw.html :

1950 Summer-Fall: The ORO's research mandate quickly spreads out to conventional weapons, especially when the US enters the Korean 'police action' in 1950. One of the first projects for the "Infantry" division of the ORO is Project ALCLAD: the development of improved body armor. The head of the division, Norman A. Hitchman, reasons that in order to improve body armor, one has to know how wounds are created and where they are received. A mathematical analysis of three million casualty reports from both World Wars are entered into the ORO's computers, along with on-the-spot analysis from ORO staffers in Korea.

1952 June: The ORO publishes Hitchman's report: "Operational Requirements for an Infantry Hand Weapon." Hitchman finds that the majority of combat rifle use does not exceed 300 yards, and that marksmanship is severely degraded by terrain and visibility at ranges beyond 100 yards. In fact, the chance of being struck by a rifle bullet is seen as being nearly as random as being struck by a fragment from a high explosive shell. The time and amount of target exposure had more bearing on whether a target was hit versus marksmanship skills. Given such, an infantry weapon designed to provide controllable "pattern-dispersion" within a 300 yd range might be preferable to a weapon that provides precise single shots at longer distances. Furthermore, at the shorter ranges, a smaller caliber weapon might give acceptable "wounding effects" and allow for controllable "salvo or volley automatic" fire.

1963 January: In a report to the OSD, Secretary Vance recommends the following: 1) Procure enough rifles converted to the M14(USAIB) standard for issue as automatic rifles to all infantry squads; 2) Procure 50,000-100,00 AR-15 for issue to Air Assault, Airborne, and Special Forces units; 3) Production of standard M14 rifles is to be reduced; and 4) The SPIW program will be scheduled to provide a "follow-on" replacement for the M14 by the end of Fiscal Year 1965. In response, McNamara announces the cancellation of M14 production, with existing contracts to end by the Fall of 1963. A "one-time" purchase of 85,000 AR-15 rifles for the Army is proposed. It is intended as a stopgap measure until the SPIW is ready for fielding.

מה קרה אצלנו?

· · מלחמת השחרור – ערב רב של כלי נשק, מכל הבא ליד. אין דוקטרינה אחרת מלבד "רק שיהיה וכמה שיותר"

· · מבצע קדש – עוזי יחד עם רובים צ'כים ושאריות משאריות שונות

· · ששת הימים – עוזי, FN, צ'כים. ניסיון ליצור תערובת בין טווח (FN, צ'כי) לכוח אש (עוזי). בין יכולת שטח פתוח (FN) ליכולת לש"ב (עוזי)

· · יום כיפור – עוזי, FN, ועוד תערובת של כלים מהמחסנים.

· · של"ג – גליל (בעיקר) וכן M16. התמקדות בעיקר בטווחים הבינוניים – ארוכים כחלק מלקחי ששת הימים ויום כיפור.

What do you mean by medium-long range? 300-500m? I think that the range that were considered effective for using either weapons were 0-300m, although they could still provide suppressive fire up to 500m (yes, I remember one company or battalion exercise were we actually did open the bipods and succeed in popping the green balloons at that range-although it did take more than one bullet)

· · אינתיפדה ראשונה – גלילים וM16.הגליל מתגלה ככבד מדי וארוך מדי למרדפים אחרי ילדים יחפים בסמטאות עזה וחברון

I think that the issue was more about looking for a more accurate platform -although I personally do not consider the Galil to be inaccurate- because I remember that even before Intifada1 broke out there was an attempt to add M16s with an Eyal or miniscope to the platoon as designated marksmen. Long M16s were longer than the Galil that they replaced in the early 90s and the Glilon was shorter than the short M16, especially with the stock folded.

I think that the switch from the M16 to the Galil represented a shift on emphasis from reliability and high quantity of fire (67, 73, 82 wars) to accuracy, and later on a desire for the M16s easier interface for optics and accessories for low-intensity conflicts like the Intifada/Lebanon security zone

And let’s not forget that a Galil costs $1500 to the IDF while the M16 costs the US Army about $600 and the IDF nothing!

· · שנות השחיקה בלבנון – מעבר הדרגתי של מערך השדה (חי"ר + הנדסה) למשפחת ה M16 ונטישת הגליל. כל נושא קלעי הסער הולך ומשתדרג. החל מהאייל עבור דרך הטריג'יקון והאמצעים לראיית לילה. נושא קלעות היחיד שקיבל דגש רב במהלך כל שנותיו של צה"ל (מי אמר שבוע קליעה א'/ב'/ג'?) המתבסס על הכשרת כל לוחם כקלע לטווחים הארוכים ועל גרף עליה איטי אך קבוע ויציב לכל משך שירותו כלוחם (אם מקפידים כמובן על מטווחים סדירים) הולך וננטש לטובת כוונות ההשלכה לסוגיהן (החל מהאלביטים הראשונים. ומי שלא ירה בגליל עם אלביט הפסיד...פרק יד שמאל כואב ודואב) אשר מאפשרות גרף עליה ושיפור מהיר מאוד עד הגעה לנקודה מסוימת ואז הוא מתיישר (הכוונה כמובן לגרף המצוינות בקליעה). ההקצאות הניתנות ליחידות החי"ר מבחינת האמצעים המדויקים הולכת וגדלה עד למצב שבו בין 30% ל 50% מהכוח היוצא לפעילות מצויד בכוונות אופטיות ליום וללילה. כל נושא קליעת הלילה הולך ומשתדרג תוך מספר שנים קצר (בטירונות היה לנו SLS ו – וארו, אח"כ שפנפן, מיניסקופ ולקראת הסוף היו שמועות על משהו שנקרא אקילה, וכל זה תוך 3 שנים בלבד)

· · אינתיפדת אל אקצה - מרבית כלי הנשק ביחידות החי"ר הינן כלי נשק קצרים, מתוך רצון להקל על הלוחם ולהפוך אותו לנייד יותר ומסורבל פחות. הפתרון לקיצור אורך הנשק היתה בהכנסת כלים עם קנה מעובה ותחמושת ירוקה לטווחים ארוכים יותר יחד עם כוונות אופטיות מסוגים שונים.

The green-tip M855 ammo has superior metal penetrating capabilities than the original M193 at longer ranges, and less drop past 400m but is not more accurate (bullet group dispersion is still just as wide). As I’m sure you already knew, it was developed so that the 5.56 Minimi machine gun could still penetrate steel helmets at long range. The barrel only requires a 1/9” twist (1/7” is because of the longer M856 tracer bullet) to shoot it –it does not need to be thicker. The barrel end was made thicker in the M16A2 and later M4 in a misguided attempt to make it less prone to bending when abused.

I think that the older M193 is actually better ammunition for the short barrel weapons since it is faster and thus has a longer range for dependable fragmentation that makes it more lethal.

מה יהיה במלחמה הבאה?

כל ה"מומחים" (בעיני כולם ו/או בעיני עצמם) מדברים על כך שהעימות הבא יהיה גם הוא במתאר עירוני בו החשיבות הינה בעיקר לכוח אש מדויק לטווח הקצר, כאשר כוח אש מדויק לטווח הארוך ניתן ע"י כלים מקובעים הנמצאים רחוק יותר ממקום האירוע ומטרתם בידוד הזירה מהתערבות חיצונית ומתן אש מסייעת מדויקת לטובת הכוח הנלחם במקרה הצורך.

You are probably right... but those still sound like some Famous Last Words

המתאר עליו מדבר ז'רגון הינו מתאר של לחימה ברמת הגולן/דרום לבנון/סיני. האם יש צורך בקלע סער (אני מדגיש זאת, כיון שעל נקודה זו מדבר ז'רגון. לא על צלפים) לטווחים ארוכים במתאר לחימה מעין זה?

לדעתי לא. הטווחים הקצרים מכוסים ע"י כל לוחמי הכוח. הטווחים שעד 500 מ' מכוסים ע"י קלעי הסער עם הנשקים הקצרים והכוונות האופטיות. לטווחים שמעל 500 מ' קיים נשק הצלפים (M24 או בארט). לדעתי הנשקים הקיימים מספקים.

My main disagreement with you here (and probably my only useful argument in this entire thread) is that in batash, and even in a full war, you don’t always have the M24 or other specialty weapons available, in position, or in time. The DM however is in almost every small unit. Reaching your 500m maximum range for the DM is easier with a long-barreled weapon, and if you already have the weapon, why not easily extend it to 600? A short-barreled DM with a maximum effective range of only 300m is a waste.

I recently read in OfferD’s book on Yom Kippur how after abandoning their destroyed APC, they encountered group of soldiers from a long distance and he wished then that he had the long FAL to engage them instead of the compact Uzi. Luckily it turned out that the soldiers were not enemy.

הערת שוליים חשובה: כל שנכתב כאן מתבסס על ניתוח שלי. ייתכן כי טעיתי בפירוש המגמות בהתפתחות כלי הנשק וייתכן כי לקחתי עובדות ו"הלבשתי" עליהן את התיאוריות שלי.

ותוספת נוספת: למעשה מאז פיתוח כלי הנשק האוטומטיים והתחמושת האחודה לא נעשתה התפתחות משמעותית בכלי הנשק הכלים של לוחם החי"ר. נכון, הם נעשו קלים יותר, מהירי ירי יותר, מדויקים יותר. אך טרם נעשתה "הקפיצה הגדולה" בתחום זה כפי שקרה בתחומי הארטילריה, השריון והתעופה

I agree with you here. Actually I am sure that in 300m combat (not range practice), a unit of equally trained soldiers armed with Galils, long M16s, M4s, AKs, Tavors or XM8s will do equally.

In summary I will admit have that your opinions seem to be the consensus of most people today about the requirements of an infantry soldier’s rifle.

I however will remain stuck in my conservative outlook that I’d rather have the extra range capability and not use it than need it and not have it.
I feel the same about hand grenades also

Here is a link to an interesting (but long) discussion which mostly supports your position

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=266349&page=1

I wrote this when I had a little time on my hands. For those of you that don't know me, I am a civilianshooter who has a little time around these guns. I added the Copyright notice primarily because I don't want to see some butchered form of this floating around with someone else’s name on it. IM me if you have any corrections, additions, etc.

Why Short Barrels Make Sense

Advances in weapons technology are bringing about a paradigm shift in the employment of long arms for Close Quarters Battle. In the last 5 years, the popularity of subcarbines has grown exponentially. The MP5 has been all but replaced by M4 Commandos and Naval Special Warfare’s CQB-R. These small rifles offer greater power at short distance than a 9x19 submachine gun, as well as parts commonality and a familiar manual of arms with the larger M4 and M16A4. They are only slightly longer than a submachine gun, but offer up to six times the effective range. There are, of course, a few disadvantages, such as functioning problems, muzzle blast and terminal effectiveness. These problem have all been addressed, and today carbines are often quieter, more reliable, and just as terminally effective as their longer cousins. As time goes by, technological advancements will continue to increase the popularity of the subcarbine, a term that is used to denote rifles of intermediate caliber that use very short barrels.

The advantages of the subcarbine are numerous. Indoors, they are easier to maneuver with. They do not “flag,” or give away an operators presence at a doorway or corner. Also, they offer quicker handling. They can be held at low ready where longer rifles must be brought to indoor ready. When firing from the window of a passenger automobile, HMMVW or armored vehicle, they can be brought to bear more quickly, and stored more easily. They also offer increased lethality and a greater effective range than a 9MM submachine gun.

The short barreled M16 is not a new development. The first was the XM177, first used during the Vietnam War. This peculiar carbine, one of the first of its type, featured a very short barrel, only 10 inches long. It had A1 or “field” sights, and a two position collapsible stock, which was in later years developed into the multi position collapsible stocks that we use today. To counter the obnoxious muzzle blast of this short barrel a small suppressor, called a moderator, was added to the end. This brought the effective length of the barrel out to about 15 inches. Many years after the original XM177 was introduced, we now have the M4 Commando from Colt the Heckler and Koch 416, the Noveske CQB, and a new 10.3 inch rifle made in house for the US Military. All of these carbines feature A4 uppers with MIL-STD 1913 rails and 5 position stocks. The 10.3 is built for Naval Special Warfare by the technicians at Crane, and called the CQB-R, or Mk 18. It is built by modifying existing M4 carbines.

The 10 inch barrel has developed a reputation for unreliability among civilian shooters, one which is undeserved. While Colt manufactured uppers have a reputation for reliability, some Tier 4 manufacturers use the wrong gas port diameter, causing severe unreliability. This has been solved in the past by opening the gas port, or in some cases adding a suppressor of Krinkov flash hider, addressed below. The new generation of subcarbines, such as those manufactured by Colt or Lewis Machine and Tool, as well as those M4’s modified by Crane, are generally quite reliable. They do sometimes require an O-ring to increase extractor tension, and a heavier buffer, such as the H or H2 buffer.

Furthermore, Leitner Wise and Heckler and Koch have both introduced M4’s that use a short stroke piston instead of direct gas impingement, reducing fouling and smoothing the cycling of SBR’s. Furthermore, both systems have been linked to an increase in velocity. In the case of the HK 416, there are reports of 10.5 barrels equaling the velocity of the M4.

One of the two primary issues that have forestalled the general acceptance of the short barreled M16 is the excessive muzzle blast caused by the use of a submachine gun length barrel with a rifle pressure round. The introduction of electronic hearing protection from Wolf, Peltor and Sordin has allowed the use of these weapons in the environment which most suits them, indoors and in vehicles. Furthermore, suppressors such as Gemtech’s M4-02 and Surefire’s innovative new suppressor create a package only slightly longer than an M4 Carbine, and much quieter, while adding 40-50 feet per second due to a phenomenon called freebore boost.

The most innovative solution to the p[roblem of excessive muzzle blast is known as the Krink brake, or KX3, available from John Noveske of JN Rifleworks. This device was designed to mitigate the concussion of the 5.45x39 Krinkov, but works well on short M4’s as well. The Krink redirects gas forward, making cycling more reliable and redirecting muzzle blast away from the shooter. It does not reduce noise; it simply forces it away from the shooters ears, something that operators on teams can truly appreciate. The tradeoff is an overall length that is roughly 1.25 inches longer than a similar barrel equipped with an A2 flash suppressor, and about 6 ounces more weight.

The second issue which has traditionally made the Commando unpopular is the 5.56 rounds dependence on velocity for lethality. Tests on calibrated ballistic gelatin by Doctors Gary Roberts and Martin Fackler have indicated that general military issue 5.56 caliber bullets do not properly fragment below an impact velocity of 2700 feet per second, although they do exhibit partial fragmentation at velocities as low as 2500 feet per second. The tissue damage caused by bullet fragments in the body is what causes exsanguination, or blood loss, the primary wounding mechanism of the 5.56. While other tests have come to conclusions that are more favorable for short barreled 5.56 rifles, they have not been published and are not available for review.

The solution to this dilemma rests in ammunition that has only become available in the last few years. MK 262 Mod 1 ammunition and the Hornady 75 grain TAP offer reliable fragmentation to a full 40 yards from a 10.5 inch barrel. In comparison, the M4 Carbine with M855 fragments to approximately 65 yards. Both of these numbers use conservative fragmentation threshold velocities. Also in the works is a 62 grain rounds that functions in a similar fashion as the Russian 5.45x39. Upon striking flesh, base of the bullet passes the hollow tip (not to be confused with Open Tip Match, or OTM). This causes the bullet to yaw and tumble, increasing the amount of tissue that the bullet comes into direct contact with, greatly increasing damage at extended ranges and from short barreled rifles.

Overall, the advantages offered by sub-carbines outweigh the disadvantages, when they are used within certain parameters. They serve a very valid purpose for shooters operating in close quarters or around vehicles, as well as civilian shooters whose effective range is limited by the legal necessity to show the need to use force. As technology continues to improve, expect to see more sub-carbines in the hands of more shooters.

© 2006 Seth Borman

To finish off this long post, I’ll reward those who had the patience to read down to the end with some of what the Americans like to call “gun-porn” or “eye-candy” : some nice DMrifle models to consider

GDMR rifle using 6.5x39 Grendel ammunition

LW rifle using 6.8x43 SPC ammo. This has a piston drive instead of the regular M16 direct
gas impingement for better reliability

A 7.62x51 AR-10T rifle that was used in Iraq

The 7.62x51 M110, the latest version of the SR25/Mk11

But I guess that I will most likely be sticking to this local subaru model
Note, those are not Shayetet-13 sandals

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 05-02-2006 בשעה 12:20.
ישן 02-04-2006, 15:50
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

SDM-R update from Iraq

I recently had a correspondance on AR15.com with a US soldier in Iraq serving as a DM that I thought might be interesting to readers here. He serves in a National Guard Army unit and this is his second deployment in Iraq. This guy has reported some of his experiences with a SDM-R rifle like the one that was described at the top of this thread.

Originally Posted By Phoebus:

About two months ago I was in a counter-sniper overwatch during one of the worst sandstorms I've seen during this, my second tour in Iraq. A truck stopped in my sector, and an insurgent mortar team began to dismount. I shot the first man with my M16A4 DMR, but the second round failed to load due to the storm conditions. What did I do? I performed SPORTS, and it was the FA that positively chambered the round, allowing me to elimate the second mortarman (my partner took care of the third).

Yes, the FA probably doesn't do much for you at the range. But I was glad to have it in real combat, and that's what counts.
Can you describe your DMR setup? Is this the setup rebuilt by the AMU for the 3rd ID?

Yup, the 3rd ID version AFAIK. It came to me when we were attached to the 3rd. DD rails, KAC (I believe) 2-stage trigger. I replaced the stock because the A2 is WAY too long for me while wearing armor (heck, I'm only 5'7", it's to long for me without armor!). The supply sgt gave me a big bag of 77gr BH SMKs (I believe they are Mk262s) that I'm not sure where he got. I believe they were probably handed to him after being downloaded from the mags of a DM leaving country. I wasn't orginally slated to get the rifle or the ammo, but somehow voodoo was cast and strings were pulled. For a while (6-7 weeks) I actually had an M14/M21. Now that was cool.

Cool. Sorry for the hijack but I think this is the first actual user report that I've read about the US Army DMR SDM-R and I couldn't help it.

What kind of scope do you use? Did you have to zero it differently for the 77gn ammo? Is it heavier than the standard A4s? How do you compare it in this role vs the M14?

Can you say at what range you took out the targets?

The IDF started using an M855/M16A2 based DMR around 1997 and have been very satisfied with the results. This is a standard A2 (E3 version with full-auto) with bipods attached to the hanguards. Scope is 4xACOG and 4xAquila for night. This is what I use in the reserves.

No FF accurized SS barrel but it seems to be good enough. I tried firing it once with a lower that had a collapsable stock (so that I could zero the iron sights which is impossible with the high cheeckrest) but didn't like the feel-too flimsy. The fixed A2 stock feels more solid and the length not a problem for me ( I'm 6'0''). I think that a flattop A4 would be definitely better.

The regular units (18-21 yr olds) today are using a similar DMR setup based on standard M4s, which is considered much more popular
Stay safe-I hear the Mid East can be a rough neighborhood

First, sorry for continued hijack.
Second, the IDF rocks Nice pic of your set up. I'm with you on stock solidity and my A1 stock is working about well for that for me, although I've considered getting a sully stock. At this point, however, I am leaving the ME in just a little while so there's not a lot of point in making changes

I'm not sure about weight vs. the standard A4, because I've only carried A2s and M4s. I was originally issued an ACOG with the .308 bullet drop compensator reticle to align more closely with the trajectory of the 77gr rounds. I am a big IOR fan, however, so I rotate through using several personal IOR scopes on it (3x25, 1.1-4x, and 4x24 M2). I use the M2 if I am firing M855 since it has a BDC cam set up for that load.

This particular incident that I talked about above was at about 250m. I've had combat engagements with this rifle from room distance out to about 375m and it has performed very well. The M14 was a novelty, but the support just wasn't there (I had limited experience with the rifle, and most people had none, so it would not be an ideal situation to have to pass it off to someone else in a pinch). I love 7.62, but the heavy .223 like the 77gr rounds allows for decent terminal ballistics in a lighter and more universal package.

The full thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...&f=118&t=274812

Another of his experiences:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.ht...t=269656&page=1

נערך לאחרונה ע"י יוסיפון בתאריך 02-04-2006 בשעה 17:35.
ישן 03-04-2006, 09:48
צלמית המשתמש של zragon13

בתגובה להודעה מספר 33 שנכתבה על ידי אומי 5 שמתחילה ב "לגבי דיוק נשק קצר ,לדעתי..."

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי אומי 5
לגבי דיוק נשק קצר ,לדעתי (שמבוססת על לחימה בשני המתארים) ההבדל בין דיוק של m16a2e3 לm16a2e2 הוא זניח .

what is an m16a2e2?
Do you mean the short m4 flattop?

ציטוט:
במקור נכתב על ידי אומי 5
למה?

כי לסחוב נשק ארוך יותר זה מעייף יותר,ויש לו יותר מנוף על היד בירי שלא בשכיבה.
בתחלס קלע סביר ,(וגם יורה רגיל במקוצר) יכול לפגוע במטרת גוף או כתף ב300 מטר עם קצת אימון נכון,וקלע טוב גם בהרבה יותר מזה .

חוץ מזה כל העבודה עם קצר היא הרבה יותר נוחה ולכן ברגע הירי היורה נמצא במצב יותר נוח .
יותר קל להכין עמדת הסוואה,יותר קל לפרוק מנגמ"ש ,ויותר קל לטהר תעלה ,שלהזכירכם היא חלק ממתאר לחימה של מלחמה קלאסית.

What you are saying here certainly makes sense and has been said before. It seems to be the popular opinion here and in general. I recently spent a few weeks with the A3-m16a2e3 including several walks in the hills and yes, it definitely feels heavier than the shorter guns, especially the menusar that I originally got. But I don't think it's such a big deal and you get used to it.
A plain Galil that all infantry soldiers used to carry weighs almost half a kilo more.

Especially for the DM, the benefit of higher bullet velocity from the longer barrel that it gives it a flatter trajectory which increases the chances of a hit, is worth the weight penalty.

Compare the difference of -10cm Point Of Impact vs -20cm with the M4 already at 300m. This grows as the range increases. Like I've said before, there is no reason that the DM with an M16 type gun shouldn't be effective to ranges greater than 300m and even 500m.

נערך לאחרונה ע"י zragon13 בתאריך 03-04-2006 בשעה 10:02.
תגובה

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה
חפש באשכול זה:

חיפוש מתקדם
מצבי תצוגה דרג אשכול זה
דרג אשכול זה:

מזער את תיבת המידע אפשרויות משלוח הודעות
אתה לא יכול לפתוח אשכולות חדשים
אתה לא יכול להגיב לאשכולות
אתה לא יכול לצרף קבצים
אתה לא יכול לערוך את ההודעות שלך

קוד vB פעיל
קוד [IMG] פעיל
קוד HTML כבוי
מעבר לפורום

כל הזמנים המוצגים בדף זה הם לפי איזור זמן GMT +2. השעה כעת היא 03:40

הדף נוצר ב 0.14 שניות עם 12 שאילתות

הפורום מבוסס על vBulletin, גירסא 3.0.6
כל הזכויות לתוכנת הפורומים שמורות © 2024 - 2000 לחברת Jelsoft Enterprises.
כל הזכויות שמורות ל Fresh.co.il ©

צור קשר | תקנון האתר