לוגו אתר Fresh          

אפשרות תפריט  ראשי     אפשרות תפריט  צ'אט     אפשרות תפריט  מבזקים     אפשרות תפריט  צור קשר     חץ שמאלה ברוכים הבאים לפורום לימודים. אנו מאחלים לכל הגולשים שנת לימודים מוצלחת חץ ימינה  

לך אחורה   לובי הפורומים > השכלה כללית > לימודים
שמור לעצמך קישור לדף זה באתרי שמירת קישורים חברתיים

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה

ישן 26-09-2008, 19:02
צלמית המשתמש של Clown_of_Doom
  Clown_of_Doom Clown_of_Doom אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 06.10.06
הודעות: 1,565
בקשה לחוות דעת על מאמר באינגליש.

What Democracy Means to Me?

The dictionary definition of the word democracy is “government by the people in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system”. Every individual may have his own unique perception of the concept of Democracy. This term familiar to most, but it is still often misunderstood and misused in the modern society.

What is it Democracy? Everyone perceives it differently. Some claim that Democracy is unlimited freedom which is similar to anarchy; others interpret it as a freedom bounded by set of laws. Philosophers and politicians have been arguing for ages about the true definition of democracy. Throughout the history of mankind the comprehension has changed myriad times, from the time of ancient Athens, world’s first democracy, to now days. Can we consider the form of government in ancient Athens democratic? I cannot. How can I call ancient Athens democratic when there was slavery, how can I possibly call a society democratic if a considerable part of it, slaves, did not have any Human Rights, Equality and most of all Freedom. Another classic example of democracy is France which established democratic government after the revolution in 1789-1799.From the modern point of view how can France of the late 18th century be democratic if it was one of the greatest colonial Empires?

Since ancient Athens and French revolution the understanding of democracy has changed and bended. In my opinion it will be so as long as democratic way of governing exists, the meaning of democracy will be developing and improving, but unfortunately it will never get to the point when everybody is satisfied and indulged. I am quite sure that modern developed democracies such as U.S.A and Israel are doing and will be doing their best to guarantee Equality, Freedom and individual human Rights, which serve to protect the rights of minorities – whether ethnic, religious or political.

From my personal point of view the most important value of democracy is Equality before the law that any society must possess to be properly called democratic. Also the main priority of the authorities should be serving the society in the name of the people. As it was expressed by one of the greatest Americans, Abraham Lincoln: ”Democracy is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people”. I think democracy is when citizens freely make political decisions and when there is no oppression of minorities whose rights cannot be depended upon the good will of the majority. The rights of minorities are protected by the law. Another fundamental aspect of modern democratic society to my understanding is free and fair elections, as it is will be in the upcoming elections of the new president of U.S.A.

All these criteria are fulfilled in the U.S.A and Israel which possess the most important values of modern developed democracy and can be a role model to other countries that do not have democratic governments and where democracy is still to be established..

זו עדיין לא הגרסה הסופית, אבל רציתי לשאול אתכם מה אתם חושבים על המאמר והאם הוא היה מעניין. האם לדעתכם יש משהו שצריך להוסיף או ללטש?

תמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילהתמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילה
As the French would say, Who doesn't like getting their butt sucked? Still, one minute you're just a kid getting off, and the next minute you'll never be a lawyer.תמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילהתמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילהתמונה שהועלתה על ידי גולש באתר ולכן אין אנו יכולים לדעת מה היא מכילה

חזרה לפורום
ישן 21-10-2008, 22:40
  yoni2006 yoni2006 אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 30.06.05
הודעות: 19
דבר ראשון
בתגובה להודעה מספר 3 שנכתבה על ידי Clown_of_Doom שמתחילה ב "זו סתם תחרות שמתקיימת אצלנו..."

דבר ראשון המאמר צריך עריכה - ככה יותר טוב:

The Meaning of Democracy

Webster's dictionary defines democracy as a “government by the people in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system”. Although all individuals have their own unique perception of this concept, modern society usually is unfamiliar with the term.

There are some who claim that democracy is when one has unlimited freedom similar to anarchy, while others interpret it as freedom bounded by set of laws. It is therefore not surprising that philosophers and politicians have been arguing for ages its true meaning.

Throughout the history of mankind a wide spectrum of the understanding of democracy has linked to the times of ancient Athens, which has been known to be the world's first democracy. But was it? In my opinion it was not.

How can one call ancient Athens democratic if slavery was widespread there? Democracy is such when all people within a certain country have similar rights of equality and freedom, and Athens does not fit that definition. Additionally, after French had a revolution between 1789-1799 a democratic form of government was formed. Again, this is a incorrect classification once again because of the fact France at the time was a colonial power. How can a colonialist be democratic if it occupies other peoples lands within extending them similar rights Frenchmen had?

Since the times of the past the meaning of democracy has evolved. It is my opinion that as long as democracies continue existing and improving around the world, so will the definition of democracy continue to change, though I do not think there will be a point where all people will be satisfied by the degree of democracy in their country.

Modern democracies such as Israel and the United States are doing their best to guarantee equality, freedom and other human rights, serving to protect the rights of minorities as well. Countries such as these allow their citizens to make political decisions and protect minorities who wish to express themselves. Here free and fair elections are held, such as the ones to be held in the U.S. on November 4.

It is be belief that equality before the law is the most important value of democracy, and that government should serve society in the name of the people. Abraham Lincoln, a former president of the United States, put it nicely that democracy was "a government of the people, by the people, and for the people."

All in all, if I were to give a one or two word definition of democracy I would say: "Israel and the United States." They are countries which should serve as the best models of democratic success. Israel especially can be one because in Israel democracy is kept even with extreme security problems which history around the world has shown usually leads to authoritarian rule.

דבר שני, אפשר להוסיף עוד דברים, אבל תנסה לוודא שיש ארגון במאמר הזה, וגם אל תגיד דברים פעמיים. בהצלחה
חזרה לפורום

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה
חפש באשכול זה:

חיפוש מתקדם
מצבי תצוגה דרג אשכול זה
דרג אשכול זה:

מזער את תיבת המידע אפשרויות משלוח הודעות
אתה לא יכול לפתוח אשכולות חדשים
אתה לא יכול להגיב לאשכולות
אתה לא יכול לצרף קבצים
אתה לא יכול לערוך את ההודעות שלך

קוד vB פעיל
קוד [IMG] פעיל
קוד HTML כבוי
מעבר לפורום

כל הזמנים המוצגים בדף זה הם לפי איזור זמן GMT +2. השעה כעת היא 07:01

הדף נוצר ב 0.03 שניות עם 12 שאילתות

הפורום מבוסס על vBulletin, גירסא 3.0.6
כל הזכויות לתוכנת הפורומים שמורות © 2024 - 2000 לחברת Jelsoft Enterprises.
כל הזכויות שמורות ל Fresh.co.il ©

צור קשר | תקנון האתר