לוגו אתר Fresh          

אפשרות תפריט  ראשי     אפשרות תפריט  צ'אט     אפשרות תפריט  מבזקים     אפשרות תפריט  צור קשר     חץ שמאלה ●●● ברוכים הבאים אל פורום צבא וביטחון ●●● לפני הכתיבה בפורום חובה לקרוא את דבר המנהל ●●● עקבו אחרינו! ●●● חץ ימינה  

לך אחורה   לובי הפורומים > חיילים, צבא וביטחון > צבא ובטחון
שמור לעצמך קישור לדף זה באתרי שמירת קישורים חברתיים
תגובה

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה

ישן 29-06-2005, 19:23
  Alter Alter אינו מחובר  

חבר מתאריך: 26.05.05
הודעות: 14
Metal Storm Technology: Intellectual challenge

I'm sure many of the members of the forum know of the Metal Storm project. If not, here's the site: http://www.metalstorm.com/04_the_technology.html. I've been puzzled by how the process works. In theory, stacking bullets one after another in a barrel so they fire by an electronic charge would seem nonsensical. I would think that the first and last bullet fired would have a completely different trajectory.

Does anyone have any idea how the metal storm system works?

If not, I thinhk its an intellectual challenge to try and figure it out. Some of the assumptions I've made (and my conclusions) are as follows:
1. The barrel is most likely smooth bore (at the high rate of fire - several tens of thousand a minute, rifling would probably not be practical.
2. The propellant is probbaly not soild fuel. In granulate form, which we are familiar with from standard bullets, there would not be enough room to stack many bullets. In solid form the propellant would not burn quickly enough.

I _suspect_ that the principle is that of an inkjet printer, in which small micro droplets of propellant are m,ixed with air or another gas to make a miniature fuel-air explosion. This would also answer many of the other questions: micro-dot technology is fully mature, computer controlled, and it means you can compensate for the charge needs of the first bullet (more power) and the last (longer barrel, less propellant). It also allows things like variable loads (in different barrels, of course).

Can anyone, hopefully an enghineer or armourer, come up with a better explanation?
תגובה ללא ציטוט תגובה עם ציטוט חזרה לפורום
תגובה

כלי אשכול חפש באשכול זה
חפש באשכול זה:

חיפוש מתקדם
מצבי תצוגה דרג אשכול זה
דרג אשכול זה:

מזער את תיבת המידע אפשרויות משלוח הודעות
אתה לא יכול לפתוח אשכולות חדשים
אתה לא יכול להגיב לאשכולות
אתה לא יכול לצרף קבצים
אתה לא יכול לערוך את ההודעות שלך

קוד vB פעיל
קוד [IMG] פעיל
קוד HTML כבוי
מעבר לפורום

כל הזמנים המוצגים בדף זה הם לפי איזור זמן GMT +2. השעה כעת היא 08:42

הדף נוצר ב 0.06 שניות עם 10 שאילתות

הפורום מבוסס על vBulletin, גירסא 3.0.6
כל הזכויות לתוכנת הפורומים שמורות © 2024 - 2000 לחברת Jelsoft Enterprises.
כל הזכויות שמורות ל Fresh.co.il ©

צור קשר | תקנון האתר